Welcome lovely readers to the Hero Book Rundown! We’re going from a post about philosophy to a post on a school project. At my school, 6th Grade’s “big project” is making a book for those we admire, aka our heroes. What is a hero? A hero is a person that you look up to and are inspired by. They have probably impacted your life in some way or form. Who was my hero? My hero was none other than my aunt, Shelley. She is an author and award winning screenwriter. I chose her because she’s inspired me to take part in creative writing, which I have found a major passion for. What was this project known as the Hero Book? With artist Peg Gignoux, students put their creative minds to work and created paper, collage-ish books that would later hold our writing and tales of the hero. With the editing help of our peers and Ms. Mack, we wrote 3 tales of experiences where our hero became more of a hero. Once our books were finished, we showed them at the Frank Gallery. My aunt lives in California, so she wasn’t there, which is why I did not enjoy the gallery. Who is your hero? What makes them your hero?
You aren’t alone. In fact, this is the post is in fact, the result of a brain drop. I had no idea what to do for this extra blog. So, I figure, why not help those who are in the same position as me! I bring you, “Ideas For Posts”! These are selected from my own brain and possible anonymous influences. Take a seat, sit back, and enjoy while you discover a world of creativity at your fingertips.
1. Has it recently been a Holiday? Write about what you did, where you went, or just some fun facts! I did this for Halloween and it turned out awesome!
2. So you want to be an author. Share a bit of what you’re working on! Whether it is a poem, novel, or novella, it’s good to get comfortable with sharing your work. If you are set on staying within your comfort zone…..wait, I can’t share that! It will be a post for a different time. Oops-e-daisy! Does anyone still say that?
3. I’m a handy person who loves helping others! If that is you, write a post on some tips or tricks for everyday life, school, or mainly just hacks, if you’ve read my Halloween post, that’s what I’m talking about. I would certainly read someone’s school hacks post.
4. What is going in your life? Do you want people to know that you went to see Hamilton? Or that you love sleeping and did it almost all day? I’m serious, this can be a really interesting post.
5. How to…..ok. This is similar to number 3, but I’m thinking. What if someone did a How to Draw a Mythical Creature? I’d read that. You could probably have pictures of each step. Not an artist, do you like math? Teach you friends a really cool math trick. I’ve got a few up my sleeve.
I’m sure everyone can come up with some excellent ideas that I didn’t say. If you write a post using inspiration from this blog, please let me know, or add some credit. Peace in, Lily.
Quote by: Lily Photo by: SparkPost
I’m here to tell you about my favorite quote. The quote is, “Don’t just fly, Soar.”. Walt Disney made this quote for the movie, Dumbo. This is my favorite quote because it is not only so powerful and meaningful, but it is also Disney! I think people need to pay attention to the word “Don’t” in this quote. People are always telling what to do. This quote is telling you what not to do, for your benefit. Don’t you dare just fly, you need to soar. Try your hardest and don’t let anyone tell you what you can’t do, but what you can. That’s why it is so important to me! Don’t or Do? Do or Die? Those are questions to ask yourself when you look at this quote. It reminds me of people looking down on others and themselves. For example, bullying and telling someone you can’t do that and can only do this. The quote means to me, try your hardest, if it might bring you down with negative energy, don’t listen to others. Be unlimited, don’t fly when you can soar! Speaking of limits, don’t limit yourself and don’t let others choose what you can and can’t do. You are you! You, yourself know what you can do! Stay positive and remember, “Don’t just fly, Soar.”.